Dubuque Location Manager
Job Title: Dubuque Location Manager
Located in Dubuque, IA
The Eastern Iowa Grain Inspection & Weighing Service is currently seeking a Location Manager in Dubuque IA. Under the direction of the Agency Manager, this individual will oversee the day to day operations of the designated EIGIS office, including supervising the inspection and technical staff in the assigned EIGIS office and direct the official inspection and weighing activities. Due to the nature of the work, shifts for this position may include day or night, rotating or weekend, and may require overtime work on a short notice.
This position is exempt and reports to the Agency Manager.
Essential Duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
• Responsible for day to day operations of the location
• Plan, direct, and coordinate personnel resources for the location
• Hire, train, evaluate and administer corrective action for all location personnel, including conducting an annual employee evaluation
• Schedule inspectors and samplers; be flexible and responsive to short-notice change dictated by customer and management needs
• Maintain EIGIS controlled documents and FGIS documents
• Maintain all inventory and place orders
• Interact with customers and act professionally; resolve issues in a thorough, timely manner
• Ensure all company equipment, vehicles, and premises are maintained on a regular basis and report any issues to the Agency Manager
• Communicate effectively with employees, upper management, HR, and accounting; keep them informed of any issues or concerns
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other location managers and share best practices
• Work with Agency Manager and Assistant Agency Manager to develops procedure and implement change to enhance service delivery, ensure worker safety, and achieve optimal efficiency
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPAA guidelines
• Work toward continuous quality improvement
• Lead by example by supporting a positive work environment
• Stay current with changing technology, including software and industry specific programs
• Comply with, support, and promote all company and FGIS policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Location Manager has supervisory responsibility for all personnel at the designated EIGIS location.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
• High School Diploma or equivalency degree, plus at least 5 years of experience in the grain inspection industry, some management experience preferred
• Accurate data entry skills required
• Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office
• Sound understanding of safety, OSHA, EPA, and FDA regulations and guidelines
• Proven leadership and excellent customer services skills
• Strong sense of integrity with the ability to clearly communicate and set an example for standards with other employees
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and other qualifications:
• Must possess the applicable federal sampler, weigher, and inspector licenses at the time of hire
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and meet the insurability requirement of the Company’s motor vehicle insurance carrier
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, carry, and operate tools; use both hands, arms and shoulders to reach overhead, talk and hear; and drive a motor vehicle. Employee is occasionally required to crawl, crouch, climb and balance on ladders, stairs and high places; swing a pelican to lift samples out of heavily flowing grain; and lift, push/pull or move up to 50 pounds individually, and over 100 pounds with assistance.
Vision - Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors and pass PIPIC test), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) with or without corrective lenses.
Travel Requirement: Approximately 10-25% travel, primarily to customers, EIGIS corporate office and occasionally travel to industry meetings and conferences.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions when traveling, and occasionally exposed to high places; fumes or airborne particles; and moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
EIGIS offers: Competitive Salary, plus a very attractive benefits package, including 401(k), PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA (medical and dependent care), STD, LTD, and Life and AD&D Insurance.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: October 11, 2019
No calls/walk-ins please
EOE – Minorities encouraged to apply